|Developer/Owner||CHPPENN I, LLC and FCRHA (Details below)|
|Type||Multifamily and townhomes|
|Delivery Date||Projected Fall 2022|
|Units||219 Multifamily (workforce/affordable), 60 units for seniors, and 195 for-sale townhomes|
|Land||33 Acres (12 for park space)|
Tax Map Address: 2800 Camelia Drive, Alexandria, VA 22306??
The Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) owns a vacant 33-acre parcel on the east side of Richmond Highway near the intersection with Lockheed Boulevard, which has long been planned for use as affordable housing development and a county park.
Fairfax County issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for additional developer bids under Virginia’s Public-Private Educational Facilities Infrastructure Act (PPEA) and selected the now North Hill Project proposal from applicant CHPPENN I, LLC.
CHPPENN is a partnership between Virginia based Community Housing Partners (CHP) and Pennrose, a high-quality developer based in Philadelphia, PA.
The developer proposed, among other things, to:
- Construct 279 multi-family rental units in six separate, high quality, urban?designed buildings with structured parking
- One building of 60 units will be reserved for seniors
- Dedicate 10% of units to households with an?annual income at or below 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI), 20% of?units
for?households with an annual income at or below 50% of the AMI, and the remaining?units for?households with an annual income at or below 60% of the AMI. (Washington AMI?for a family of four is $109,200.)
- Construct up to 195 for-sale townhomes, a portion of which will offer affordability?below market rate prices for first time home buyers
- Preserve the undeveloped portion of the property for park land
- Pay the FCRHA for the portion of the property that will contain the for-sale townhomes and make an annual ground lease?payment for the land area proposed to contain the multi-family buildings
June 4, 2020: North Hill Affordable Housing
- Rezoning approved in early 2017.
- This content is available here:?www.fairfaxcounty.gov/rha/north_hill
- Fairfax County media release:?http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news2/north-hill-poised-to-become-an-affordable-and-market-rate-housing-hub-on-richmond-highway/